Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm grateful



On the way home from work the other day I was thinking about how truly blessed I am. This has been a year of highs and lows for us but overall I could not ask for anything more. So here goes, this year I'm grateful for...

My husband - he is the most wonderful person I know and he always makes me laugh, I'm so lucky to spend everyday of my life with him.

My parents and sisters - they have been so supportive in more ways than I can count. Together they have been there whenever we needed them and individually they have given us so much of their love and time.

The Rollers - we've had visits from all of Jason's immediate family and it's been so wonderful. We truly appreciate all the time they've spent visiting us in our new home and all the love they share.

My nephew Rett - I didn't know I could love someone (other than Jason!) so much. When he says my name I just melt. He's the most adorable, smart and loving little boy. I'm so lucky to be his Aunt!

Our health - We are both so lucky to be healthy! I had a bit of a health related issue this year and some sadness that came with it but in the end I was just so thankful to have my health.

Our church group - We joined a couples group through our church and it's been an amazing experience for me. It's brought Jason and I closer together and brought us both closer to the Lord.

Our new home - We are so very blessed to be in our own place that we can call home. I am a homebody so I enjoy just being in our house.

Our jobs - Jason and I both are lucky to work for such wonderful employers. It makes such a difference when you wake up in the morning and you feel good about going to work.

Wonderful friends - We have some amazing friends! We've met wonderful people in San Antonio and we also have great friends spread out across the country. My hope is in the new year we can visit more of our friends.

Our adorable Sadie - she's the best dog and gives us unconditional love. She's getting up there in age (she'll be 9 in March) but she's still the sweetest. She enjoys nothing more than cuddling up with us on the couch with her special blanket and watching a movie.

My hope for the new year is that I will take time to think of the things I'm grateful for more often and give thanks. Wishing everyone a wonderfully blessed 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment