Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mascara...yes, I'm blogging about mascara

I thought my next blog post would be about my recent trip to Canton, TX. I spent a great weekend there with my girlfriends and found some amazing deals...but I have not taken pictures of my purchases yet to post! So that will be the next post. Jason is probably not going to be too thrilled with my post on mascara but oh well!

Two weeks ago I ran out of my tried and true mascara - Kevyn Aucoin Volume Mascara. Since I can only purchase this at Neiman's or now Sephora, I just quickly ran to the grocery store and purchased some Loreal. Yikes! I will never go without my Kevyn Aucoin again!


Let me explain my obsession with mascara. I have worn mascara since 7th grade and wear it even when I don't have on any other makeup. I love it! In addition, I love my Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler - there is no way I can do my lashes without it. The first mascara I wore was Maybelline's Dial-A-Lash because that was what my Mom wore. I remember being about 8 and my Mom putting Dial-A-Lash on me for my dance recital. I wore that mascara until they stopped making it when I was in college. Then I started a search for a new mascara. I've tried it all - Loreal, Maybelline, MAC, Lancome, Mary Kay, Mally, Cover Girl, Laura Mercier. The only other mascara I wear on occasion is Loreal Lash Out Waterproof and I only get that for summertime trips to the lake/beach because you always need to wear mascara, even in the water!

If you haven't tried this mascara before I strongly encourage you to give it a shot. But be sure to use an eyelash curler - it amazes me how many people don't use one. It's such a helpful tool! I will warn you that it's a bit pricey for mascara but in my opinion well worth it. It comes off in tubes, so no black stuff around your eyes and never any flaking! Several of my friends wear it as well as my sisters and we all swear by it.

The first time I tried this mascara was at Henri Bendel in New York (which is makeup heaven in my opinion). I'm so happy that you can now by it at most Sephora's and at sephora online.




So thank you for letting me discuss something so frivolous! And just so Jason doesn't feel left out, let me share a photo of his brand new truck! He's pretty excited as am I - bye bye CRV :)



3 comments:

  1. This post is perfecty timed because I just ran out of mascara this morning! I was going to go online to Sephora today and check out their best rated mascaras before buying more cheap stuff from Wal-mart (it really isn't the same!). Thanks for your recommendation--I trust you because your eyelashes always look amazing! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--Ben will be jealous of Jason's truck! He really wants one just like that some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey priscilla! I hope you like it...I noticed this morning that it wasn't showing up at sephora.com for some reason...hopefully they will put it back on there. hope you guys are doing well and that we get to see you while we are in Weyers Cave!

    ReplyDelete