Monday, November 23, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (OK, not outside but in our house!)

I LOVE Christmas time! I am so excited this year because it's our first Christmas in our new house. I am constantly looking/shopping for Christmas decorations that will fit well in our new home. This year I was finally able to put all my Christmas china out on display. Did I mention I love china? Yeah, it's an addiction...especially Spode. I mentioned in the previous post how I am starting to collect Spode Woodland china....well I already have tons of Spode Christmas Tree china and it's beautiful! This year I set some of the place settings out on our dining room table. Here's a picture of one of the place settings.







Can you tell I like red and gold? Here's another photo of our dining room table. I'm still working on this...I think maybe I need a couple more things down the center of the table.






When we bought our house our dining room was set up to be used as a dining room and sitting room so the light was at the front of the room instead of centered in the room. Given my love of china I knew we needed to use the room just as a dining room so I could fit a china cabinet (or two or three), buffet, extra chairs, etc. But this meant getting the light moved to the center of the room so while we were at it I thought we would replace the original light fixture with a chandelier. I was on a mission to find one! Luckily at Canton (will do a whole post on the awesomeness of Canton later) I found this chandelier for an amazing deal! My wonderful husband was really understanding of all this and hired an electrician to move the light and hang the chandelier.

I have been on a search for Christmas garland too but was not about to pay $250 for the garland I saw at the Nutcracker Market in Houston with my mom a couple weeks ago. It was AMAZING but really, $250? So I bought some $15 garland with gold glittered pine cones from Garden Ridge Pottery and then bought some glittered poinsettias for $1.50 and added them into the garland to wrap around our banister. It's not nearly as pretty as what I saw at the Nutrcracker market but it looks pretty in our house with just the light from the dining room chandelier. I might add some glittery red/gold bows. Here's a photo.


Although we might not get snow in San Antonio it's definitely going to look like Christmas inside the Roller house! Next project...the Christmas tree!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Be sure to post Christmas tree pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, you're so frickin' classy! I look forward to seeing more photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing! I've been decorating too, will try to update my blog before our trip to Canton! Also don't know if you've looked at my mom's blog lately but she did an awesome tablescape for Thanksgiving using her Woodlands Spode. Can't wait to see you Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I posted a comment on here the other day but I guess not. Your house looks GREAT! I love Christmas too and your house is definitely in the spirit! Hope to see you guys over the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Spode Christmas Tree china and it so looking beautiful. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

    Spode Woodland

    ReplyDelete