Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hunting in South Texas


I grew up hunting, in fact I was hunting before I was even born. My grandparents hunted, my parents hunted thus my mom was hunting even while pregnant. It's something our whole family has enjoyed and been quite successful with. My grandparents were avid hunters traveling to Africa, Canada, Alaska and Argentina to hunt. My dad is an excellent hunter, the best I know. He is the most accurate shot. The deer he shot in Canada scored a 171 Boone & Crockett. Jason was quickly introduced to hunting when we started dating. I was so glad he enjoyed hunting and he has definitely gotten very good at it! Recently while bird hunting he killed two doves with one shot (he's pretty proud of that)!


We hunt on a ranch in Pearsall, TX. It's a beautiful place that has tons of bird hunting - doves, quail, turkeys, ducks. My favorite are quail. What a beautiful bird! I have become completely obsessed with quail - I have started to collect Spode Woodland china with quail on the center of the plate and I love anything that has quail feathers! We get to hunt pretty frequently now that we live about an hour from Pearsall. I thought I would post some pictures I took with my iPhone (forgot the camera) when we were hunting recently. I think it's beautiful but some probably don't think cactus and mesquite trees are too lovely - it's all in your perspective I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment