Thursday, October 29, 2009

I LOVE the Market Square!


In downtown San Antonio is a section called Market Square with several shops, restaurants, and street vendors. We love going to the square on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. It's such a festive place! All the vendors are set up with food, jewelry, crafts, etc. and of course there's music - mostly mariachis. One of the most famous mexican restaurants in the area is on the square, Mi Tierra. It's wonderful but my favorite is La Margarita (for obvious reasons) they have many different kinds of margaritas (love the prickly pear) and the best shrimp cocktail I've ever had in my life. It's great to sit outside enjoy some margaritas, listen to music and people watch. To me it just feels like you've been transported to another place....to me that place just feels like vacation. If you are in San Antonio you definitely have to hit market square and go through all the shops, have a margarita and enjoy some great mexican food! Our good friends Matt and Elizabeth Shreckhise visited us from Staunton, VA over Labor Day weekend and we enjoyed a great afternoon at the square.

No comments:

Post a Comment